Are you curious to know what is TGT and PGT? You have come to the right place as I am going to tell you everything about TGT and PGT in a very simple explanation. Without further discussion let’s begin to know what is TGT and PGT?
What Is TGT And PGT?
In the field of education, TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) and PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) are common terms that refer to different teaching positions. These designations play a crucial role in the academic system, particularly in schools and colleges. In this blog post, we will delve into the meaning, responsibilities, and qualifications associated with TGT and PGT positions, shedding light on the important roles these educators play in shaping the minds of students.
TGT: Trained Graduate Teacher
A Trained Graduate Teacher, commonly known as a TGT, is a qualified educator responsible for teaching students in the secondary or high school level. TGTs are typically responsible for teaching specific subjects in their area of expertise, such as English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, or Languages. They play a critical role in delivering subject-specific knowledge, fostering a positive learning environment, and nurturing students’ intellectual growth.
Responsibilities Of TGTs:
- Lesson Planning and Instruction: TGTs develop lesson plans, prepare teaching materials, and deliver instruction to students. They ensure that the curriculum is covered effectively, employing various teaching methods and strategies to engage and motivate learners.
- Classroom Management: TGTs maintain discipline and create a conducive learning environment in the classroom. They manage student behavior, encourage active participation, and address individual needs and concerns.
- Assessments and Grading: TGTs evaluate students’ progress through assessments, tests, and assignments. They provide feedback on student performance and maintain records of grades and academic achievements.
- Mentorship and Guidance: TGTs act as mentors, providing guidance and support to students. They assist students in their academic and personal development, helping them navigate challenges and make informed decisions.
Qualifications For TGTs:
To become a TGT, individuals generally need to meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree: TGTs must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject or a closely related field. The degree should be from a recognized university or institution.
- Teacher Training: Completion of a teacher training program, such as a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree or a Diploma in Education (D.Ed.), is often a requirement. These programs equip individuals with pedagogical skills and teaching methodologies.
PGT: Post Graduate Teacher
A Post Graduate Teacher, commonly referred to as a PGT, is an educator who teaches students at the higher secondary or senior secondary level. PGTs generally specialize in a specific subject and teach it at an advanced level, providing in-depth knowledge and preparing students for higher education or specialized fields.
Responsibilities Of PGTs:
- Subject Expertise: PGTs possess advanced knowledge in their specialized subject area. They deliver comprehensive instruction, facilitate critical thinking, and encourage analytical skills development among students.
- Curriculum Design: PGTs participate in curriculum development and revision. They ensure that the subject syllabus aligns with academic standards and cater to the needs of the students.
- Research and Professional Development: PGTs engage in continuous learning and research to stay updated with the latest developments in their field. They may also contribute to academic research and publications.
- Higher Education Preparation: PGTs play a significant role in guiding students for higher education. They provide career counseling, help students with college applications, and offer advice on academic pathways and specialization options.
Qualifications For PGTs:
To become a PGT, individuals generally need to meet the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree: PGTs must hold a Master’s degree in the subject they wish to teach or a closely related field. The degree should be from a recognized university or institution.
- Teacher Training: Similar to TGTs, completion of a teacher training program such as a Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) is often required. These programs enhance teaching skills and pedagogical knowledge.
TGTs and PGTs are integral parts of the education system, playing significant roles in shaping the minds of students and fostering a love for learning. While TGTs focus on teaching specific subjects at the secondary level, PGTs specialize in subjects at the higher secondary level, preparing students for further education. Both positions require a combination of subject expertise, teaching skills, and a passion for education. The dedicated efforts of TGTs and PGTs contribute to the holistic development of students, empowering them with knowledge and skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Who Is Higher PGT Or TGT?
PGT Full Form Is Post Graduate Teacher. The Post Graduate Teacher teaches classes up to 12th standard. The difference between a TGT and PGT is that a TGT does his/her B. Ed after graduation whereas to be a PGT, the candidate must possess a Post Graduate Degree before or after applying for a B.
Who Is Eligible For TGT PGT?
The candidates applying must at least be 21 years old on the date of applying. As per the UP TGT Eligibility Criteria, the candidates must have passed the B. Ed. course or PTC from a recognized institution of India.
What Is Qualification For PGT?
Master’s Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the following subjects. (b) B. Ed or equivalent degree from a recognized University.
Who Is Called TGT?
TGT refers to a teacher who has completed their teaching training. TGT is not a course; rather, it is a graduate who has been trained in teacher education. If a person is a graduate with a B. Ed, he is a TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher), and there is no need for teacher training to become a TGT.
I Have Covered All The Following Queries And Topics In The Above Article
What Is TGT And PGT
What Is TGT And PGT In Hindi
What Is PGT And TGT Teacher
What Is TGT And PGT Teacher
What Is PGT TGT And Prt
What Is The Difference Between PGT And TGT
What Is The Difference Between TGT And PGT
What Is TGT PGT And Prt
What Is The Full Form Of TGT And PGT
What Is Difference Between TGT And PGT
TGT Full Form
PGT Teacher Salary
PGT Full Form
Prt Teacher Teaches Which Classes
TGT परीक्षा दिनांक 2023
What Is TGT And PGT