Thousands of trucks, semi-trucks, and 18-wheelers ply the roads of Los Angeles, and more often than not, these gigantic vehicles are responsible for devastating accidents. A truck accident is extremely different and complex for many reasons, and if you were injured in such a mishap, consulting a Los Angeles truck accident attorney should be your immediate priority. If you are in two minds about engaging a lawyer, here are five knockout reasons to consider.
Click here – 4 Tips To Invest In Liquid Funds
- Truck accidents are intricate. The trucking industry is governed by a whole set of state and federal laws, which are unknown to most people. There are aspects of vehicle maintenance, driver training, loading, and licensing that must be adhered to. Following a truck accident, these are things that must be checked in detail, and an attorney can help with all that.
- Many parties could be at fault. Another massive challenge in dealing with a truck accident is finding responsibility and liability. There could be many parties responsible for the same mishap, including the trucking company, the driver, the loading service, the vehicle maintenance company, and even the manufacturer. An attorney can help find fault to deal with the claim.
- The damages could be severe. Because a truck is way heavier than a passenger car, the impact of truck accidents is often devastating. People often suffer catastrophic injuries, which can take months or even years to recover. In other words, settlements for truck accident claims and lawsuits tend to be much higher, and it is best to let an attorney review your case.
- Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company. Paying a colossal settlement is not something that the insurance company is looking forward to, and instead of dealing with the claims adjuster alone, it is best to let a truck accident attorney deal with the situation. You can expect the lawyer to deal with the situation accordingly and take a tough stance when needed.
- It doesn’t cost anything immediately. People often step back from seeking help from an attorney because they are worried about the hourly rate. The excellent news is truck accident lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means they get a fee after you recover a settlement. You don’t have to pay the attorney at a time when you are already dealing with financial distress.
Call an attorney now to find out more about truck accident laws and deadlines.